Hi,

I've been trying to get my head around a couple of concepts in WCCP
and I think I'm missing something and lots of Googling hasn't helped
much so far.

Assuming the following setup :

* a LAN where the gateway is using WCCP2 (GRE) to catch traffic
destined for a given web-app ip address (using an access-list) and
forward it to a squid box
* the squid box is using iptables to catch traffic forwarded to it by
the router and redirect it to a local squid port

My questions are :

* When the squid box has to proxy to the web-app, what is the
recommended way to stop a circular redirect i.e. I want to avoid the
squid box's proxied connection from getting intercepted by the
router's WCCP rules and looped back around to the squid box again.

* WCCP supports a return method for packets which the web-cache
decides to reject/return.  Does squid support this?  I see that the
return method can be configured in squid but is the support for
returning actually there?

I'd be very grateful for your help.

Thanks.