Just tested and verified this. At least in Squid 3.0 minimum_object_size affects both memory and disk caches. Anyone know if this is true in 3.1 as well? Any thoughts as to how to split it? I may be wrong and likely am but I recall there was separate minimum_object_size for each cache at one time.

Chris Robertson wrote:
Jason Spegal wrote:
How do I configure squid to only cache small objects, say less than 4mb in memory cache,

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/maximum_object_size_in_memory/

and only objects larger than 4mb to the disk?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/minimum_object_size/

I want to optimize the cache based on object size. The reasoning is the small stuff will change often and be accessed the most while the larger items that tie up bandwidth will not change as often and I can cache more aggressively. Also this way I minimize disk io and lag. I am using squid 3.0. While I can see this being done with the disk cache I am not certain the memory cache can be configured like this anymore as the options seem to be missing.

Thanks,
  Jason

Chris