Amos Jeffries escreveu:

One thing to be wary of is that NTLM hash strength is pretty much limited
by the Windows releases involved. The older versions used by Win9x are
hashes which are now trivially broken, none are completely secure. The
latest windows releases have deprecated it in favor of the much more secure
Kerberos (but that won't work with anything much older than XP and IE6).

supporting Win9x is not needed and, if i can do anything to really dissallow those to browser, i will :)

basically my clients will be Win9x and Vista and Windows 2003/2008 servers as well. There's absolutely no chance of having Win9x on my project, which seems to be good.

There is also digest authentication, which is the IETF standard for secure
authentication over HTTP. Some people actually use it too. And it works
without needing windows or domain controllers.

having a domain controller is not a problem indeed. In fact i need squid to use AD username and passwords. Anyway, i'll look for digest authentication.

   thanks for the answer and for the hints.

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        gertru...@solutti.com.br