Amos Jeffries wrote:
Dieter Bloms wrote:
Hi,

I use squid 2.7.STABLE6 and let the logrotate mechanism roting the
logfiles.
After renameing the logfiles I call a "squid -k reconfigure", so squid
can open new logfiles.
But the swap.state is growing and growing.

Yes, its an incremental journal. Growth is normal.

When I restart squid, or when I do a "squid -k logrotate", then the
swap.state gets smaller, but with a "squid -k logrotate" I get many
logfile.[0-9] files, which I don't want.
So is there a command line option to let squid compact the swap.state
file without logfile rotation and without restarting squid ?

No command line option.

Set squid.conf option:
 logfile_rotate 0

This will leave Squid trusting the external logrotate mechanism to rename the log files for it.
(NP: logrotate.d config uses postrotate to squid -k rotate right?)

Affirmative.

Amos

Chris