We are currently using Squid 3.0 Stable 13.  We are currently sending every=
=3D one through the proxy/cache.  We are implementing a user based web cont=
ent =3D filtering solution (not a linux based solution) that authenticates =
users ag=3D ainst edirectory.  The current solution sends all users who use=
the proxy s=3D erver as a guest account as the Squid box does not hit agai= nst
edirectory. =3D  My question is this,  if I set up the squid caching se= rver
to use the exte=3D rnal authentication (LDAP), will it pass the edirec= tory
credentials onto th=3D e web filter or will it not pass them at all.  = So if a
client computer logs=3D  into novell with the username jsmith will = it pass
jsmith the to the web fi=3D lter or will it not pass any username?

Thank you,

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or privileged.
It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader
of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original message.