Jesus Angeles wrote:
Hi all, I have a problem. Three weeks ago I installed Squid 2.7.STABLE3 +
Dansguardian 2.10.1.1 in GNU/Linux Ubuntu Server 9.04. First week was ok,
but the service was started to fail, sometimes (once or twice for day ) the
users can´t visit any webpage, the web browser shows a blank page (delay on
load), in those moment I check:
-       The squid service is running.
-       The dansguardian is ok, because if the users try visit a prohibited
web, It shows the access denied page.
-       The logfile  (access.log) is generating logs (I checked with tail
-f).
-       The memory and HD space is ok (I have configured 256 MB in cache_mem
and 4096 MB in cache_dir)
Then, in those moments, I have to execute “/etc/init.d/squid reload” to
solve the problem.

What could be happening?

Anything could be happening.

init.d 'reload' is also known as 'squid -k reconfigure'. Which closes all network connections, reads the config file again and restarts all of Squid internal processes.

Look in your cache.log for any useful information. Change the debug_options setting to a higher logging level if there is nothing there.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13