tis 2009-09-22 klockan 18:31 +0530 skrev vikas rawat:

> I will install Squid3.x from source only, and squid2.x was bydefault
> installed in RHEL5.0. I am not planning to run both 2.x and 3.x
> simultaniously. But if install 3.x and how to migrate from 2.x, OR if
> 3.x not give desired output how to rollback with 2.x.

Please note that there is RHEL compatible packages of Squid-3.0
available. See "Download -> Binary distributions".

Migration is

0. Make a backup copy of squid.conf
1. Install new version. (rpm -U if using the binary rpm)
2. Update squid.conf so it works with new version. See release-notes for
some guidance on what needs changing. "squid -k parse" will also tell
you.
3, Start new version.

Rollback is

1. Uninstall 3.0