i do not have the full data anymore, but i already had a similar problem 2-3 weeks ago. I made a src acl and used in a access_log line. The idea was to create a separate log for some specific user. I'm completly sure that IP was correct, there was no NAT involved .... i could see all requests from that machine (the one from the acl) on the general access.log file, but couldnt get it logging to a separate file.

   i had the exact problem initially described ...

   i didnt tried some variations, like logging per username ....

   squid 2.7 stable 6 on a CentOS 5.3 x86_64 box compiled from sources

Amos Jeffries escreveu:

Weird. src is the one ACL datum _guaranteed_ to be present and usable in all access lists of a working Squid.

You are not doing NAT or something outside Squid before the packets arrive?

Now that the user is being logged successfully what does a row of the log look like?