Kernel 2.6.30.8, Squid 3.1.0.14, iptables 1.4.3.1, ebtables 2.0.9

Marko Kotar wrote:
Just curious which kernel version are u using?

--- On Thu, 10/29/09, Dan <d...@jisp.net> wrote:

From: Dan <d...@jisp.net>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Tproxy4+squid: ebtables wiki
To: "Marko Kotar" <kotarma...@yahoo.com>
Cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 5:24 PM
Those are the same ebtable and
iptable rules that I am using except that I use DROP. If it is working for you then that is great. :) As for why
it works that way I don't know.  When I use ACCEPT the
traffic is bridged through and not redirected to squid.

Dan

Marko Kotar wrote:
Ok
My ebtable rules are(without -i option):
ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p ipv4 --ip-proto tcp
--ip-dport 80 -j redirect --redirect-target ACCEPT
  ebtables -t broute -A BROUTING -p ipv4
--ip-proto tcp --ip-sport 80 -j redirect --redirect-target
ACCEPT
This might be the different:
Bridge is up and it is having an ip address. Ethernet
interfaces are up but not having any ip address asigned.
ifconfig eth0 up promisc
bridge interface is configured with dhclient:
dhclient3 br0

This rules are for the routing;
ip rule add fwmark 1 lookup 100
ip route add local 0.0.0.0/0 dev lo table 100
And:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/rp_filter
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

iptables are:
iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m socket -j
DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j
TPROXY --tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-port 3129
squid configuration is default, except
acl allow all
and port is set to the same address as in iptables,
and having TPROXY set.
I am using: 2.6.28-16-server x86_64 ubuntu, default or
compiled ebtables v2.0.9-1 (June 2009), compiled iptables
v1.4.5,
Squid Cache: Version 3.1.0.14
configure options:  '--enable-linux-netfilter'
--with-squid=/home/marko/src/squid-3.1.0.14
--enable-ltdl-convenience
configured ony with additional linux-netfilter flag

I've used various network configurations:
-virtual computer using VmBox with virtual interface
in the linux bridge on guest pc.
-computer with two interfaces.
-double bridged vmbox: two virtual machines: first
having 2 virtual interfaces. birdged and having sqiud.
second virtual pc being client with one virtual interface.
one interface of first was bridged on guest computer to
external interface, other two were bridged together.
Drop didn't work in any of them, accept was tested
only in first.

  i think thats all the settings i have.

--- On Wed, 10/28/09, Dan <d...@jisp.net>