Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
mån 2009-11-02 klockan 16:07 +0000 skrev Adam Binks:

My question is, without using routed static IP's at each site, is it
possible to have squid detect the different end users at each site ?

Only if you figure out some other means of differentiating the users at
the TCP/IP level. I don't.

I had to get around this in the Treehouse wireless POP sites by carefully locating and purchasing only wireless devices that could bridge or route packets between the clients machines and gateway Squid box without involving NAT.

This has placed great limits on the suppliers we can purchase from, and not exactly cheap pricing, but enables plug-n-play wireless captive portals to be setup relatively easily.

... and before you ask. No I'm not able to give out any further config info without a paid contract signing your sites up as Treehouse Networks POP ;)
/shameless plug.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14