> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 00:24:38 +0100
> From: gkin...@gmail.com
> To: rag...@smartelecom.org
> CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] squid crashes by itself and reboots automatically
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Ragheb Rustom  wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have multiple servers running squid 2.7-stable7. Lately I have noticed
>> that most of these servers are crashing sometimes everyday creating a core
>> dump file and then after creating the file restart by itself. After reading
>> the core file with gdb and doing a backtrace I got the following info. Can
>> anyone please help me identify what is going on with these squid servers.
>> You help is very valuable.
>
> Is there anything in cache.log? Possibly just the few lines before the
> restart.

the default config file seems good about logging stuff.
Was that sparse stack trace typical or just the first
one you had? The only sig that was obvious was strcmp-
if it was blowing up there you either had pathological strings or memory
corruption or timing issue etc.
Not too informative until you at least know if it is
a consistent failure point.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009