Adam Squids wrote:
I had index.html redirecting to http://www.domain.com/online/1.html in
my origin server. Now I changed Apache configs and set DirectoryIndex
to be /online/1.html.

Did you PURGE "http://www.domain.com/index.html";? Is it, perhaps, still cached in Squid, redirecting to "http://www.domain.com/online/1.html"; (which of course Apache, with the new DirectoryIndex, would take as a request for "http://www.domain.com/online/1.html/online/1.html";)?

On an aside, I have never heard of using a subdirectory in a DirectoryIndex definition.

 When I browse straight to my origin, it works
fine. When I browse via my squid server I get  ERR_READ_ERROR 104

I assume that in this case, 'connection reset by peer', peer==Apache
origin. How come I can access it when I browse straight to it ? and it
even works perfectly?
What should I look for in cache.log ? I did not find anything aspecially odd :)

I'd be more likely to check your Apache logs. It's rejecting the connection, after all.

Many thanks,

Adam

Chris