vincent.blon...@ing.be wrote:
On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 12:36:12AM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
I've taken a good look at the trace files on this. It's clear that
the
client is in fact not sending the whole initial POST.

What I see happening is that the server early response gets relayed
by
Squid and if the connection is not aborted Squid receives a small further portion of data from the client before it abruptly stops and starts sending the re-send POST with auth details.

Since the client has indicated a certain length X of data then only sends N bytes the start of second request is lost and the server complains that some random bytes mid-way down the repeat POST are an invalid request method "verb".

Ah, ok.  I missed that :)

To get this going we are going to have to add to the patch a bit to
make
Squid delay the relayed reply until the initial POST is fully
received.
Do you need help with this?  I don't know the squid code but should be
able to muddle through if you can give a pointer.

PS: This has pushed Squid very, very close to the wanted behavior for

Expect-100 HTTP/1.1 requests/replies. Thanks guys.

Thanks for looking in to this.

can somebody say me if there is already a new patch for this bug ??

You will have to ask the IIS authors about that. Or the browser authors about why its not sending proper auth on a new connection when it has been told it needs to. It's their software that is actually broken.

We are just working on a hack that might be able to make Squid cope with the problem. And no, the hack we have so far only shifts the boundary out a few KB from where it started.

PS. you really want to disable that read-receipt request on mailing list messages. You could get thousands of replies.

Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15