* Clock being out by a few minutes on one machine
* Restart of browser and/or Win7 required

Until I restarted my browser/machine, I kept getting this error;
2010/02/03 09:55:46| squid_kerb_auth: gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information. Key version number for principal in key table is incorrect

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [squid-users] Re: Re: Unable to get Firefox to authenticate via Kerberos
From: Markus Moeller <hua...@moeller.plus.com>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: 3/02/2010 11:14 a.m.
I recall that there was a problem with ktpass. Did you use the version for SP2 ? Can you try what is described in the squid wiki with msktutil ?

Markus

"Mike Bordignon (GMI)" <m...@gmi.co.nz> wrote in message news:4b688f74.1050...@gmi.co.nz...

I did read that I shouldn't use DES but I wasn't able to get it going with RC4. Each time I generate a keytab with RC4 encryption I cannot get it going after copying to my squid box. Do I need to do anything to Windows Server 2003 to have it generate/accept tickets with RC4 encryption? From kerbtray it appears I already have other RC4 tickets, so I'm confused.

This is the command line I'm using to generate the keytab:

ktpass -princ HTTP/f...@realm -mapuser u...@realm -pass password -ptype KRB5_NT_SRV_HST -out squid.keytab

The errors I receive in cache.log after generating the keytab with ktpass are as follows;

2010/02/03 09:45:49| squid_kerb_auth: Got 'YR TlRMTVNTUAABAAAAl4II4gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAbAdAAAADw==' from squid (length: 59). 2010/02/03 09:45:49| squid_kerb_auth: parseNegTokenInit failed with rc=101
2010/02/03 09:45:49| squid_kerb_auth: received type 1 NTLM token

In /etc/krb5.conf I have;
  permitted_enctypes = rc4-hmac des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
  default_tkt_enctypes = rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
  default_tgs_enctypes = rc4-hmac des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5

Any suggestions?