To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] BUG !? swap.state: (13) Permission denied ...

Riccardo Castellani wrote:
But can I always use "killall -HUP squid" command ? I'm newby on this Squid version.
I killed squid with killall ?!

I don't think so. killall does nasty things to the child processes inside Squid. Best to avoid it.

You can kill -HUP the parent process by itself.  Which is the same as
"squid -k shutdown", and passes the skill signal to the squid child process after some initial cleanup.

Amos

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amos Jeffries" <squ...@treenet.co.nz>