Hello,

Is there a way to get two squid caches used as reverse proxy to have an
consistent cache?

An example would be a file that contains "abcd" - I request the file, get balanced to squid1 which caches the file du to the expire header for one hour. Then the file gets changed to contain "abcde". The next request gets to squid2 and is cached there.

Now I get different files out of the caches!

What even more confuses me - somtimes the caches re-request the file from source and I get an updated version of the file, even when the expire time isn't over.
How does squid determine, when to re-request the cached files?

Georg