guest01 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am sorry if this is a question which has been asked for many times,
but I did not find any actual question concerning the performance of
recent versions of squid.

We are trying to replace a commercial product with squid servers on
64bit linux servers (most likely red hat 5). At the moment, we have a
peak of about 6000 requests per second, which is really a lot. How
many requests can one single squid server handle? I am just talking
about caching, we also have icap servers and different forms of
authentication. What are your experiences? How many requests can you
handle with which hardware? A raw guess would be ok.

thanks, best regards

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=squid+performance
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=squid+benchmark
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Benchmarks