Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
tis 2010-03-30 klockan 09:07 -0300 skrev Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac:
I keep hearding that squid 3.0 is no speed demon, but the new squid 3.1.1 is said to be much faster. Have anyone benchmarked the 3.1.1 against the 2.7?

Not sure there has been any recent benchmarks, but 3.1 is no expected to
be faster than 2.7.

We have not really done any comparable benchmarks for 3.x. To backup my statements I've casually run apachebench over 3.0 and 3.1 (not 2.7) on my well-aged laptop w/ single 1.6GHz CPU a few months ago.

 3.0 hit ~560 req/sec
 3.1 hit ~780 req/sec
(a proper benchmark I expect to get better results for both, but roughly the same order of improvement).

Markus Meyer had 2.7 up to 990req/sec last month.

3.x still missing the COSS feature for high-performance disk IO, and collapsed forwarding feature for pushing down network IO delays.

Please be using