GIGO . wrote:
I have created a user proxy in Centos from which i am running my squid successfully with all the rights properly configured until i change my configuration file for Negotiate/Kerboros. I am receiving the following error when trying to start squid: 2010/04/09 05:06:12| helperOpenServers: Starting 10/10 'squid_kerb_auth' processes
2010/04/09 05:06:12| ipcCreate: /usr/sbin/squid_kerb_auth: (13) Permission
denied
2010/04/09 05:06:12| ipcCreate: /usr/sbin/squid_kerb_auth: (13) Permission
denied

The new helper binary needs a minimum of read and execute permission for the Squid user to run it. Any resources and files the helper requires also need permissions for the Squid user to access them.

For trouble shooting I have just installed Strace and created a script as per Markus recommendations.
#/bin/sh

strace -f -F -o /tmp/strace.out.$$ squid_kerb_auth $*
Now i have no idea how to use scripts from within squid.conf. And at which place should i place this script in the squid.conf in relation to the following? auth_param negotiate program /usr/sbin/squid_kerb_auth

Assuming your script is at the path "/test/script" that would become:

  auth_param negotiate program /test/script /usr/sbin/squid_kerb_auth

Or you could just do this (one line, mind the wrap):

auth_param negotiate program /usr/bin/strace -f -F -o /tmp/strace.out /usr/sbin/squid_kerb_auth

Please be using