From: Amos Jeffries [mailto:squ...@treenet.co.nz] Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:17 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy Cluster Issues

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:13:01 -0500, <senad.ci...@thomsonreuters.com>
wrote:
Hi,

I am first time squid user and was wondering if could get some help. I
tried to find answers to these questions on-line, but unsuccessfully...
I have 2 squid boxes setup as reverse proxies in a cluster (they're
using each other as siblings). On the backend I'm using single tomcat
server that both squid boxes use to retrieve content. Squid version I'm
using is 3.0. I'm running into couple issues:

Issue #1:
Whenever squid box receives request for url that contains querystring
(e.g. - http://site1:8080/RSSSource/rss/feed?max=1) it does not contact
sibling cache for that resource, but it retrieves it from the backend
server right away. What's odd is that it works (sometimes...) when query
string is not present (e.g. http://site1:8080/RSSSource/rss/feed).
Issue #2:
Let's say squidA receives request for some resource (e.g.
http://site1:8080/RSSSource/rss/feed). If squidA doesn't have it in its
cache, it will check if it's available from squidB. However, if squidA
has expired version of that resource, it doesn't contact squidB but
retrieves it directly from the backend server, which should not be the
case (it should check if squidB had valid copy available), correct?
Here are relevant squid.conf lines for one of the squids (everything
else is unchanged, config for the second squid is the same except for
sibling references):

Nope.

The relevant lines are hierarchy_stoplist (prevent peers being asked for
query-string URLs).
and cache/no_cache controls (prevent "QUERY" ACL matches being stored
locally.)

Both of which need to be removed from your config.

Please be using