GIGO . wrote:
Dear All,
I am finding this in my cache.log file. 2010/07/15 19:12:14| WARNING: swapfile header too small
2010/07/15 19:12:14| WARNING: swapfile header too small
2010/07/15 19:28:30| WARNING: swapfile header too small
squid 2.7 stable 9 installed on RHEL
What is the reason of these errors and how to resolve it.

Each message is a file failing validity checks Squid does to prevent cache corruption. It's a strong sign of disk failure or manual tampering with the cached files.

It's normal to see some of them and other similar during a "DIRTY" rebuild of the cache following a crash.

If they are occuring during normal operation or a even lot. I recommend running a disk scan, and possibly erasing the cache and rebuilding it clean with squid -z.

Please be using