On 15/11/10 20:05, RM wrote:
Hello all,

I am running Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE21 on CentOS 5.5 and have
been using delay pools to limit clients' bandwidth usage. Here is the
delay pool section and related ACL of the squid.conf file. I have
included the entire squid.conf at the end of the message:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
#1Mbps
delay_parameters 1 131072/131072
delay_access 1 allow all

I have used the above delay pool configuration countless times
previously and I did not have any issue but for some reason there is a
client that is able to bypass the delay pool bandwidth restriction and
transfter at rates of 5Mbps+.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ron M.

More likely that those requests are ones where the client actualy disconnected. Your quick_abort setting configure Squid to keep going after a disconnect. This happens outside the pooling since there is no client to pool.

It *might* be a client doing some tricky request behaviour. You could pick this up by a) these requests are *all* MISS requests (indicating only-of-cached header preventing slow network access), or b) these requests following an earlier request within a very short time (indicating a leach re-attachment once the above pool detachment has been done by Squid).

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3