On 05/12/10 09:45, ant2ne wrote:

I want to use squid and dansguardign to filter by groups. It is working, sort
of.

Problem 1, after launching the web browser it takes a very long time (a
minute or 2) before the authentication dialog pops up. This needs to be
instant. What am I doing wrong? Once it does finally pop up, I can
authenticate and dansguardian does assign the proper filtering groups.

The config below does not contain any reason for this slowness. Unless you have an abnormally large NCSA users file to be checked the problem is outside of Squid.

Problem 2, I would like anyone who fails to authenticate to be assigned a
user creditials; default-user. How would I do this?

No reasonably secure browser sends credentials by default. Anyone who fails to authenticate is requested to send credentials.

Problem 3, Can I edit the text of the authentication dialog box?

Only the realm string. There are security attacks which can be done by sending dialog box text and modern browsers are closing even that limited ability down.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3