Hi Rob,

Before you used xst you must have created the principal with a command like add_principal or ank with either a -pw or -randkey option. This would have set the password for the principal. Can you try the same kinit on your Centos box ( I assume you have the correct krb5.conf) ?

If you get prompted can you try kinit -kt squid.keytab HTTP/proxyserver.paragould....@xserve.paragould.psd ? it should not create an error and a klist -e should show the default principal of HTTP/proxyserver.paragould....@xserve.paragould.psd.

An example:

opensuse11:~ # kinit -kt /etc/squid/squid.keytab HTTP/opensuse11.suse.h...@suse.home
opensuse11:~ # klist -e
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: HTTP/opensuse11.suse.h...@suse.home

12/10/10 20:16:42  12/11/10 06:16:42  krbtgt/suse.h...@suse.home
renew until 12/11/10 20:16:42, Etype (skey, tkt): ArcFour with HMAC/md5, ArcFour with HMAC/md5

Markus

"Rob Asher" <ras...@paragould.k12.ar.us> wrote in message news:4cfff127020000370004e...@rsc...
Markus,

I do get a password prompt although I don't remember setting a password for it.

xserve:~ root# kinit HTTP/proxyserver.paragould.psd
Please enter the password for HTTP/proxyserver.paragould....@xserve.paragould.psd:
Kerberos Login Failed:
Password incorrect

In Open Directory, I just added a new machine(what I assumed was a host principal) named proxyserver but adding a machine via OD's workgroup manager doesn't ask for a password that I can remember. I didn't add an actual user named proxyserver because that didn't make sense to me for a host.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Asher
Network Systems Technician
Paragould School District
870-236-7744 x169

"Markus Moeller" <hua...@moeller.plus.com> 12/08/10 5:44 PM >>>
Hi Rob,

What happens when you type kinit HTTP/proxyserver.paragould.psd on your kdc
server ? Do you get a password prompt ?