On 17/12/10 20:11, Manuel wrote:

Hello,

How common is for the client app to work with SMTPS proxies? I have a
vBulletin forum in a backend that I want it to send e-mails to the users
through a SMTP server in a different server. vBulletin app works fin with
SMTP servers through TLS and SSL but have not tried with Squid yet. I've
been told that this solution could be done with an VPN like OpenVPN but
since we already have Squid in the frontend as a reverse proxy for the
website and in that frontend is also located the SMTP server maybe we can
just use the already running Squid. What do you think?

*all* email clients work with SMTP proxies. These are called "mailservers" in the SMTP world.

Squid is not capable of parsing or talking SMTP protocol. Using it as a mail relay server is futile.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3