On 19/01/11 05:41, diginger wrote:

Hello,

Please tell me what http headers required in response for squid caching to
work.
I have Jax-rs response with cache-Contyrol set as public but squid caching
is not working I can only see TCP_MISS/200 in my access.log, what are the
other headers required?

please if you have caching working please send me the response header (if
that is requied).
If there is no exact answer please guide me which areas should I look into.

Thanks

Squid will cache as much as it is allowed to cache, for as long as it can.

Details on the relevant headers and how they work are in here:
  http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

The one piece not in there is that for dynamic websites using query strings (?parameters) you will need a Squid newer than version 2.6. For a version 2.7 and 3.0 Squid you will need to do http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4