On 20.01.2011 14:24, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* David Gubler<d...@doodle.com>:
Hi list,

We're testing Squid (3.1.6) as a reverse proxy to accelerate our web
site. Now we have discovered a major issue: Squid does not accept
empty POSTs (and probably PUTs) that don't have a content-length
header, and returns HTTP/411. All works fine if we bypass the proxy.

Since this is a reverse proxy setup, we cannot easily control all the
clients - the reverse proxy just must accept such requests.

Have you tried varnish (just asking).

Not yet. Mainly because Varnish does not support SSL, which is something we need. Actually, it's more complicated than that - the proxy should use SSL to contact the back-end if and only if the client did use SSL to contact the proxy; so we cannot just use an "SSL terminator" which sits in front of Varnish. Squid can do this within a single instance, using some ACL trickery.

David