On 02/02/11 00:00, Helmut Hullen wrote:
Hallo, squid-users,

I'm just trying squid-3.1.10-20110110, especially the smb
authentification.

The error with the hard coded samba directory seems to be cured, but the
is still another bug; I'm investigating.

By searching I found

a)

      path_to_source/helpers/basic_auth/SMB/README

and in that file a link to

      http://www.hacom.nl/~richard/software/smb_auth.html

That link seems to be dead.

Yes. That appears to be the entirety of the documentation right now. :(

Been working on it but have not yet reached these two nasties. Any help you can give in that direction, however small, would be very welcome.

b)
in "/usr/libexec/smb_auth.sh" the path to "nmblookup" seems to be hard
coded; on my installation (slackware) I had to set a symlink.

c) "smb_auth.pl" and "smb_auth.sh" seem to be added for testing; which
parameters do they need? It's a nasty job reengineering them ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut

Something strange has happened...

* The patch present in that daily bundle removes the paths completely from smb_auth.sh. Relying on the shell environment $PATH instead now.

* smb_auth.pl is the "multi-domain-NTLM" helper.

smb_auth.sh is a script designed to be run internally by smb_auth binary helper. It gets passed some combination of the input line from Squid and the parameters configure on auth_param program line.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4