On 11/02/11 19:25, Sri Rao wrote:
Hi Amos,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am trying to setup squid as a ssl proxy to load balance btwn
reverse-proxies.  I believe the config is right but what is happening

What you have setup is a forward proxy load balancer which only permits
management and binary-over-HTTP tunneled traffic from its localhost machine
IP.

That is actually what I want.  I want to do binary-over-HTTP from the
localhost to the reverse-proxy servers.  When the forward proxy tries
to connect to the origin server directly it does a tunnelConnect but
even though I have set originserver for the cache_peers it seems to
just forward the CONNECT instead of doing a tunnelConnect.  I thought
originserver should force squid to treat the cache_peers as if they
were web servers?

It should. You seem to have found a bug there. I've added a fix for that now.

A secondary problem in your config was "never_direct allow sp_test" - since sp_test always matches direct tunnel setup (tunnelConnect) is not permitted.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4