On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:19:33 -0000, Gordon McKee wrote:
Hi

I had FreeBSD 6.3 and squid 2.6 running fine reverse proxying my OWA
server. I have now upgraded to FreeBSD 8 and squid 3.1 as the old
software was getting rather old.  I have copied the config file off
the old server on the the new server. All is working except OWA. The
images come down very very slowly (it does work really slowly).

I was thinking it might be a DNS issue, but if I telnet (outside
network) to www.optimalprofit.com 80 and enter:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: www.optimalprofit.com
Connection: Close

the page comes back really fast, but if I telnet to
www.optimalprofit.com 80 and enter (to get a gif file off the server):

GET /images/op-hwynit-ad1.gif HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: www.optimalprofit.com
Connection: Close

the text comes back really really slowly.  I am not sure what is
wrong as even my mobile connects in and over active sync and picks up
my emails just fine.  I have tried different browsers and they don't
make any difference.

What are the reply headers for each of these tests?