On 2011-03-21 19:38, Amos Jeffries wrote:
"if site A is up, redirect to site A, but if it's
down, redirect to site B."

Is there any way to do this? Is squid the correct tool for this?
Would a different redirector that squidGuard be a better choice?

Using a redirector for this is not a good choice. Redirectors only pass a URL to Squid to inform the client to try there. It is up to the redirector to test

Thanks for the help. I've been sort of been coming to this conclusion as I learn my way around Squid. It looks like your reply was cut off. What would be a better alternate strategy? The remote site is a bunch of database-driven forms with confidential data, which we are not able to store securely (which is why they are off-site in the first place). Would it be a better idea (or possible) to cache the forms, even if we do not cache the data?

Thanks,
Dave