On 26/04/11 01:11, Ali Jawad wrote:
Hi

I have got a reverse proxy that is working just fine, it accepts
requests on port 443 and port 80 and ONLY sends traffic upstream to
port 80 to the apache server listening on localhost.

I use the following config:

https_port 10.14.1.72:443 cert=/etc/squid/self_certs/site.crt
key=/etc/squid/self_certs/site.key defaultsite=site vhost

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 443 80 no-query originserver login=PASS

http_port 10.14.1.72:80 vhost

This configuration does not match what you stated above and is broken.

It does accept requests on port 443 and port 80.
However it sends non-encrypted HTTP traffic upstream to port *443* on the apache server listening on localhost. It also sends UDP packets with ICP queries to port 80 to the apache server (which does not handle ICP).

My problem is the following :

The site should act differently in some occasions based on whether
http or https was requested. So my idea is to setup second http vhost
on apache listening to port 8080 and on that vhost I would server the
https code. So is it possible to use SQUID to :

Send traffic destined for port 443 to localhost:8080
and
Send traffic destined for port 80 to localhost:80 ?

Any hints/ comments are highly appreciated.

acl HTTP proto HTTP
acl HTTPS proto HTTPS

Then using cache_peer_access to test the protocol version sent to each peer.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1