Hi,

When using sslbump and encounter a bad server cert, the squid can choose to
deny or allow such error. Some static ACL can be used to choose the sites that
the squid would tolerate a bad cert. However, such acl is like a fixed list in
the configure. Every time the user encounter a new problem site, the squid
admin has to modify the acl. The squid administrator is also required to
frequently clean up this list. Is there a way I can let the user at the browser
to overwrite a certificate error message and temporarily proceed to a site with
bad cert without involving the squid administrator to modify the acl for
sslproxy_cert_error.

The following is probably no good for security, but it is no worth than without
sslbump involved.

I was thinking if it is possible for squid to on-the-fly sign the
man-in-the-middle cert as flawed as the bad server certificate instead of deny
is out right. E.g. if the server cert has expired, sign an expired squid cert
to the browser. At least this will reproduce the same behavior as if the
sslbump is not turned on. The browser will warn the certificate problem and the
user can proceed at his own risk. The squid administrator can be kept out of
the loop in dealing with not so well maintained server certificate.

Regards,
Ming