>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently facing some troubles will using Squids
>> feature to manage bandwidth (delay_pools, delay_access, ...)
>>
>> I would like to apply a 50kbytes/s limitation to each
>> users and a global 3Mbytes/s limitation.
>> There is a authentication group (I am working with NTLM
>> authentication) for which I apply no limit.
>> Here is the conf :
>> acl InternetAdmin external InetGroup Internet_Admin
>>
>> delay_pools 1
>> delay_class 1 2
>> delay_parameters 1 3145728/3145728 51200/51200
>> delay_access 1 allow !InternetAdmin
>> delay_access 1 deny all
>>
>> This works fine.
>
>You sure? delay_access does not do external ACL lookups for the auth. There
>must be a matching http_access test to perform the lookups and cache them
>first.

Yes the http_access rule is the following :
http_access allow InternetAdmin

>> Now I want to allow all user to download at normal speed
>> on some sites.
>> acl whitelist.no_limit url_regex
>> "/etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit" # "/etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit
>> contains list of sites with no BW limit
>>
>> delay_pools 1
>> delay_class 1 2
>> delay_parameters 1 3145728/3145728 51200/51200
>> delay_access 1 allow !whitelist.no_limit !InternetAdmin
>> delay_access 1 deny all
>
>This looks correct for delay_access. Is a bit non-intuitive though.
>
>Try this for easier reading later:
>  delay_access 1 deny whitelist.no_limit
>  delay_access 1 deny InternetAdmin
>  delay_access 1 allow all

I also tested this option (with the sale result) I even removed the
InternetAdmin line (still the same result)

>> However with such configuration all sites (even those in
>> whitelist.no_limit) are limited in bandwidth.
>
>I suspect some error in the regex patterns. Check for patterns that are short
>and could match anywhere. Post the whitelist here if you want any help with
>the check.

I don't think there is any possible missmatch with those regex
(I used "http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepadplus/5.9/npp.5.9.Installer.exe";
to test a non-whitelisted url)

cat /etc/squid3/etc/whitelist.no_limit
www.microsoft.com
cdimage.debian.org

>Alternatively if you added the whitelist to http_access as well it could have
>screwed with the http_access login lookup. Making login unavailable and always
>fail at the delay_access check.

Most of the url in the whitelist.no_limit are also whitelisted somewhere in a
http_access.