On 02/06/11 20:17, errno wrote:
On Thursday, June 02, 2011 01:03:06 AM Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 02/06/11 19:41, errno wrote:
Just to confirm:

If I have multiple ip aliases assigned to the same physical nic, will
there still be port conflicts on an ip (aliased) based multi-instanced
squid server?

There is rarely a need for the combo of IP aliasing + Squid.

Sure, but assuming in this case it is indeed necessary for us to have,
say, a few separate squid instances running on separate IPs - we're
using IP aliasing because we only have a single NIC on the box:

<snip>

There won't be any issues having multiple instances via aliased IPs,
all on port 3128, as per the following example, correct?

Correct. For Squid anyways. The routing and firewalls underneath is a separate but likely the same story too.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2