Again. cc'ing squid-dev where the people actually working on these features can see the report.

On 12/06/11 16:30, Jenny Lee wrote:

I also cannot shut down squid when workers are enabled.

squid -k shutdown gives "No Running Copy"

I have to run a "killall -9 squid"

One side effect of: --disable-kill-parent-hack

Though it may be due to other things. There was a patch proposed some weeks back.

Also what happens when I have 2 cores but start 7 workers?

They share cores as separate instances do. Potentially getting in each others way grabbing CPU cycles. This may or may not be a problem.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2