On 28/06/11 23:32, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I was wondering what Squid developers use to test the proxy (or
generally, any other software which core usage is interacting with web
servers, like a web browser)?

You had probably as the developers that. They/we hang out on the squid-dev mailing list. This is a general helpdesk kind of list for admin folk.

Speaking for myself I use a perl script to generate custom replies in various states of brokenness matching whatever I'm fixing. Or the real servers people are having trouble with in their bug reports.

Is there any "badly broken webserver" out there, which could be used to
test corner case Squid usage?

I mean broken by design, with configurable broken stuff, randomly
resetting connections, feeding rubbish in headers,
improper/unexpected/slow replies etc.

Sounds like you want to speak to The Measurement Factory. They have quite a range of HTTP testing systems.

PS. I'm interested in the options here too if anyone else out there has more info.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9 and 3.1.12.3