On 03/07/11 07:23, Will Roberts wrote:
Hi,

I'm running about 50ish squids on different machines, and they work
great except for 4 of them. The 4 I'm having problems with are running
on Debian 6 in a Virtuozzo VPS.

Kernel: 2.6.18-028stab070.5
Squid3: 3.1.6-1.2
<snip>
I guess my question is, how do I control how much RAM squid uses? I can
provide my full config and the full cachemgr output if needed, and any
other information that might help. I also have a 224MB core dump from
one of the machines if it would help track down where the memory is
being used.

There are a few memory leaks and resource over-consumption problems resolved since 3.1.6. Please try the 3.1.12 package from Debian Wheezy/Testing repositories.

If the problem persists with that newer version we will have more interest in finding the remaining unsolved problem(s).

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9