On 22/09/11 15:15, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
On 22/09/2011 02:57, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 22/09/11 11:26, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
i want to put a splash page every 30 minutes and i dont know a thing
about it.

i have a webserver and squid 2.7\3.0\3.1.15\3.2.0.12
i just need to choose one.

and what i want is that the clients will get specific page every 20
minutes.
hope you can help me sort it out in the squid.conf.

Thanks
Eliezer

Good timing. :)

We have just yesterday had a feature update committed to ext_session_acl
which adds exactly this periodic session timeout support.

It will be in 3.2 and 3.1 shortly. Although, when built the binary will
work with any 2.6 and later.

Amos

well is there any option now?
i saw this guy question
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.squid.devel/15336
and i really like to try something.
for now i am running on the server squid 3.1.15 and the reason is the
advantage of speed over the 3.2.0.X versions.

if there is a way now to do it i will be more then happy.
for now i am blocking users using iptables but i want to use squid options.

That was Andrews work that just got added.

Right now the patch is on 3.HEAD waiting behind the SMP updates for QA
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-11747.patch

It should apply easily to 3.2, and maybe with a bit of juggling to 3.1.

Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.12