On 9/24/2011 4:47 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:

On Sep 24, 2011 6:19 PM, "Jim Gifford" <maill...@jg555.com <mailto:maill...@jg555.com>> wrote:

> I have setup a small proxy server at home for my kids.
>
> My proxy is setup to allow access from 8am to 9pm on school nights. He has an alarm clock that uses his ipod, that needs 24x7 connectivity or his alarm clock doesn't work. Is it possible to create 2 different ACLS, one to allow access for his alarm clock without a logon to certain domain destinations and prevent him from going to the internet on his ipod after the scheduled block of the internet.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish this.
>
> Using Squid 3.1.15 and a Gentoo box.
> Dual 1ghz P3 server with 4gb ram.

Why would an alarm clock need Internet connectivity???

That said, the answer is: Yes, it is possible, if you know the domain where the, uh, alarm clock connects to. Arrange the ACLs like this:

dst_domain domain.of.alarm.clock allow
time range-time allow
default deny

I.e., put the ACL rule for the alarm clock domain before the rule for time range.

Rgds,

It's some ihome application it goes out to 3 different websites, there was no way to disable it. So here's what I did

http_access deny BadSites
http_access allow ihome
http_access allow sunday localnet logon
http_access allow weekend localnet logon
http_access allow weekday localnet logon
http_access deny all