Wilson Hernandez
849-214-8030
www.figureo56.com
www.optimumwireless.com

On 10/19/2011 4:31 PM, Andrew Beverley wrote:
On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 12:48 -0400, Wilson Hernandez wrote:
Hello.

After attempting several suggestions from guys here in the list, I'm
still experiencing the same problem: Facebook is so sluggish that my
users are complaining everyday and is just depressing.

Today I came up with an idea: Use a "dedicated" line for facebook
traffic. For ei.

          LAN

      SERVER ------- Internet line for facebook only

         Internet

Can this be possible?
Yes, it's possible, using policy based routing with iproute2. However,
you'll need all the IP addresses for facebook, which I imagine will
prove difficult.

I thought of this but, thought with the DNS record thing might be easier....

Can this solution fix my problems or give me more problems?

I'm not convinced this is the answer to your problem though. Are you
having problems with any other websites? Have you tried by-passing Squid
to see if it is indeed a bandwidth related issue or a problem with Squid
itself?

I tried this in the past but, didn't work.

To tell you the truth I don't know whats the deal: bandwithd or squid but, is really getting in my nerve loosing users left and right every week.... I need to come up with a solution before my whole network goes down the drain....

Thanks Andy for replying....

Andy