Hi,

Any guideline for my below requirement. Please share your suggestions for the same.

Benjamin

 Hi All,

We have to deploy squid for cache gain in our network where we are having 140-150 mbps bandwith and 600 users.As per our H/W, we have 8 gb ram and 2 TB disk with intel i3 processor with GBPS lan cards.We only use squid on this h/w nothing else.

So for going to setup squid in network , i have some queries.

1)  what should be memory we use for squid ?
2) multiple creation of cache_dir is better or single big cache_dir is better ? 3) At some blogs , i read that small objects in memory and disk are very much beneficial for cache gain rather then specifing big size objects for disk and memory ? 4) Multiple instance of squid is better or single squid instance is able to handle such kind of heavy load. ?

Please share your suggestions with squid and cache gain in such kind of big networks

Thanks,
Benjamin