On 30.10.11 11:35, Ralph Lawrence wrote:
How do I get Squid to use all my server memory as a cache and keep as
many objects as possible in there?

better keep some memory for the underlying OS too. It's very bad when squid uses so much memory that the system starts swapping.

Each Squid reverse proxy has 2GB of ram and *only* runs
Squid.  Absolutely nothing else will be on the server.  The actually
site being cached is under 1GB in size on disk.  So conceptly Squid
should be able to cache the entire site in memory and we should only
see TCP_MEM_HIT in logs right?

If you want to see only MEM_HITS, you can disable on-disk cache. However that needs not be a good idea.

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.