On 28/12/2011 10:45 p.m., FredB wrote:
In order to move to the more secure auth methods usually requires a
config setting in the LDAP to enable support for secure
authentication
tokens instead of a password. If you are lucky the LDAP server
already
has that turned on and you only need to add other authentication LDAP
helpers to Squid.

Amos

Thanks Amos, now I think Digest is the better way for me

I read http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/LdapBackedDigestAuthentication
but I'm not familiar with Ldap so I'm a little lost and need an advise.

Actually auth works without problem with this

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b
ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=web -h 192.168.2.1:389
auth_param basic children 100 startup=50 idle=20

I tried some squid digest syntax without success, How I can validate the Ldap
config setting with digest_ldap_auth ?

My knowledge here ends at the helper readme page I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else can help.

For validating it, try the -d switch to the helper in squid.conf. We have tried to make sure all the helpers have one and produce useful debugs of what they are doing.