On 11/01/2012 8:46 p.m., kimi ge(巍俊葛) wrote:
Thanks Amos.

I did the lynx test on back-end web site on squid system like this:
sudo lynx http://wtestsm1.asiapacific.hpqcorp.net

First, it show the message:
Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate: NTLM'

Then it show the following message.
Show the 401 message body? (y/n)

Aha. NTLM authentication. Very probaby that login=PASS then.

For the domain auth, I mean the back-end web site need corp domain
user to be accessed.
I put this in this way, if I log on with my corp domain on my laptop,
then I could acces IIS Share Point without any credentials window pop
up. If not, I have to input my domain account on credentials window to
access the Share Point Site.

The following is my squid configuration about this case which I ignore
some default sections.
#added by kimi
acl hpnet src 16.0.0.0/8        # RFC1918 possible internal network
#added by kimi
acl origin_servers dstdomain ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
http_access allow origin_servers
http_access allow hpnet

http_port 192.85.142.88:80 accel defaultsite=ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
connection-auth=on

forwarded_for on

request_header_access WWW-Authenticate allow all

This is not needed. The Squid default is to relay www-auth headers through. www-authenticate is a reply header anyway, to inform the client agent what types of auth it can use.

cache_peer wtestsm1.asiapacific.hpqcorp.net parent 80 0 no-query
no-digest originserver name=main connection-auth=on login=PASS

"connection-auth=on" should be enough. Try without login=PASS.

cache_peer_domain main .elabs.eds.com

hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?

coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

# Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
refresh_pattern ^ftp:           1440    20%     10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher:        1440    0%      1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0     0%      0
refresh_pattern .               0       20%     4320

cache_dir aufs /data/squid/cache 12000 64 256
cache_mem 1024 MB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 1024 KB
maximum_object_size 51200 KB

visible_hostname ids-ams.elabs.eds.com
debug_options ALL,5
http_access deny all

While let squid be running, I do test like this
http://ids-ams.elabs.eds.com

The 404 error page is shown.

Okay. Which error page? Squid sends three different ones with that status code. Invalid request or Invalid URL or something else?

That's why I am wondering squid could be as reverse-proxy with IIS
SharePoint as back-end?

It can be. There is normally no trouble. But the newer features MS have been adding for IPv6 and cloud support recently are not widely tested yet.