On 21/04/2012 4:01 a.m., Wladner Klimach wrote:
Amos,

what could be causing this? When I desable NTLM authentication or when
I use Kerberos all access go just fine, but when only NTLM is able I
can't get access to https pages and I get in the logs TCP_DENIED/407.
How can I debug it?

You need to locate and identify what request headers are being denied.

The easiest way with 3.1 is a packet dump with full packet bodies ("tcpdump -s0 ..."). Then base-64 decode the www-authenticate headers from the client and check the type codes. NTLM has "NTLMSSPI" then a binary type number 1, 2 or 3.

The NTLM flow should be:

 client: makes request (no auth)
 Squid: emits 407 with NTLM advertised as available
squid: [optionally closes the connection (due to "auth_param ntlm keep-alive off" hack)]
 client: repeat request with type-1 NTLM proxy-auth header
 squid: 407 with type-2 NTLM proxy-auth header
 client: repeat request with type-3 NTLM proxy-auth header
 squid: HTTP response
client: [optionally make other requests with type-3 NTLM proxy-auth header]
 connection closes.

If you find connections opening and starting immediately with type-3 token that is Kerberos or broken NTLM from the client.

Amos

regards