On 06.05.2012 20:37, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
Ah, so if I understand this correctly I can't do anything with the
usernames on the proxy that runs the external acl but by handing of
the usernames to a parent I can start implementing policies based on
the usernames?

Thanks,
Eli

Right now yes. It is very easy to add new ACLs to Squid-3 series though. If you want to sponsor an ext_auth type ACL (say $200USD) I'm happy to code it up for you. Or you could write it yourself and submit. The ext_user is already stored in the HttpRequest object ready for ACL match() to access.