On 30/06/2012 1:00 a.m., Edmonds Namasenda wrote:
Shastri,
That is what we are trying to help you solve. Are we writing gibberish?!

At the http_access restricting downloads, add something like
"!\.example\.com" (without the quotation marks)

Ah, sorry. You were right I overlooked that goodsites was a dstdomain type. the content passed to it was almost but not a regex pattern, which fooled me badly. However, being dstdomain just makes the domains with "*" characters in them even more wrong.

dstdomain is a plain-text comparison, not a pattern or anything like regex.

The format of this should work:

  .microsoft.com
  .windows.com
  .etc.com.com

NP: the '.' at the start of each domain name means ignore any extra left-hand text on the clients requested domain. So it is as close to wildcard as dstdomain gets. Without the dot the two domains must be fully the same (upper/lower case not counting).

Else, provide more accurate information for faster troubleshooting if
that fails. Many people dump their whole configuration files for
analysis!

Yes please.