On 11.09.2012 07:54, Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz wrote:
I posted a message here some days ago (subject : squid 3.2.1 on
solaris). Got no answer. It seems a similar problem.

No. These are two different bugs.

Migrating from 3.1.19 to 3.2.1.

squid continuously die with : FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

Some invalid pointer reference or such in the code. We need a debug backtrace to identify where exactly this violation is occuring. see http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details, including tricks for doing it with zero-downtime in production proxies.

Setting debug option to configuration file, I get :

2012/09/04 12:06:11.412 kid1| storeCreate: Selected dir 0 for -1@-1=0/2/1/1
FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

I reinitialized the cache_dir partition, but this changes nothing.

I have another machine, same hardware same OS but no cache, which works fine.

Sunil K.P. wrote:
Not sure what exactly the problem.

Got this error again.