Hi Amos,

Thanks for your quick response. I try to answer all your questions:

1.- Yes, the Chrome requests show up in squid access.log
2.- The Required issue: you are right. It was my fault. I didn't check the conf
file properly.
3.- WebUsers group content: people that are not allowed to visit certain web
pages. For instance: john.doe
SocialNet: web pages like this: .facebook.com, .twitter.com and so on.
4.- That is the end of the file. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jaime.

On 19/09/2012 9:18 p.m., Jaime Gomez wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> You are right, I didn't explain myself properly. We use ident to identify our
> users. One user with IE or firefox wants to go to  one Facebook. He receives
> a wonderful deny message saying that he is not allowed. Same user with Chrome
> does the same and he is able to access to Facebook. After doing some research
> I found out that this only happens if I use https.

Are the Chrome requests showing up in squid access.log?

> Here is the conf file. I've made a little modifications just to show the
> important things:
>
> cache_effective_user proxy
> cache_effective_group proxy
> visible_hostname x.x.x.x
> unique_hostname x.x.x.x
> coredump_dir /data/squid
>
> http_port 3128
> cache_access_log /data/squid/logs/access.log
> cache_access_log /data/squid/logs/access.log
> cache_store_log /data/squid/logs/store.log
> cache_log /data/squid/logs/cache.log
> pid_filename /data/squid/logs/squid.pid
> logfile_rotate 2
> via off
> forwarded_for off
>
> dns_nameservers x.x.x.x
> positive_dns_ttl 8 hours
> negative_dns_ttl 30 seconds
>
> cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
> cache_swap_low 90
> cache_swap_high 95
> maximum_object_size_in_memory 20 KB
> cache_dir aufs /data/squid/cache 16000 16 256
> cache_mem 16 MB
> memory_pools off
> maximum_object_size 64 MB
> quick_abort_min 0 KB
> quick_abort_max 0 KB
> log_icp_queries off
> client_db off
> buffered_logs on
> half_closed_clients off
> negative_ttl 0 minutes
>
> external_acl_type myIdent children=15 %SRC %IDENT /usr/bin/perl
> /data/squid/scripts/myIdentUsers.pl
> acl ident_auth external myIdent REQUIRED

"REQUIRED" ? looks like you do not understand what is going on.

'REQUIRED' is a magic value for proxy_auth ACL type. It has nothing to
do with any others.

When used on the external ACL, the helper will be passed the three
strings:  client IP address, client provided IDENT label, ... and the
textual word "REQUIRED".

> acl WebUsers ident "/data/squid/groups/WebUsers"
>
> acl Socialnet dstdomain "/data/squid/blacklists/socialnet/domains"

and what is this files content?

> http_access deny Socialnet
>
> http_access allow WebUsers

anything else afterwards?